Salifert Silicate Profi-Test
Salifert Silicate Profi-Test
- Silicate occurs in tap water or purified water when the reverse osmosis or de ionizing unit is not functioning properly.
- Silicate can result in diatom bloom and can block some essential trace elements such as vanadium and molybdenum.
- The Salifert Test kit for silicate is a very fast, sensitive and accurate test, with two scales: an ultra low scale which is particularly useful for marine water and a high scale which is suitable for freshwater environments.
- Sufficient for 60 tests.
- Can be used for marine, fresh and garden pond water
Erroneous results might be obtained when the carbonate hardness is higher that 20dKH. This corresponds to an alkalinity of 7meq/l. Normally the carbonate hardness is well below the above mentioned values.
KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN. In case of contact with the skin, wash with plenty of water. In case of contact with eyes, was heyes with plenty of water and consult a physician immediately.
Si-1 and Si-2 are acidic and Si-3 contains a reducing agent. Not for consumption.
- Add with syringe 10ml of water in the test vial (low resolution mode 1ml)
- Add to this 4 drops of Si-1 (low resolution 2 drops) reagent and swirl the test vial gently for 10 seconds. Allow to stand for 5 minutes.
- Add to this 4 drops of Si-2 (low resolution 2 drops) reagent and swirl the contents gently for 30 seconds.
- Add to this 1 level scoop of Si-3 reagent and swirl the test vial for 20 seconds.
- Place the open test vial on top of the color chart on a part of the chart which is white and compare the colors looking from above. Read the corresponding dissolved silicon content. An intermediate color corresponds to an intermediate dissolved silicon content.
Note: If the low resolution mode was used then multiply the values on the color chart by 10.
The silicate values are in ppm (mg/l) siliconoxide. To convert the values from ppm siliconoxide to ppm silicon multiply the value by 2.1.
Avoid using tap water or RO water which contains more than 2ppm as dissolved silicon. In marine water the dissolved silicon content should be below the detection limit of this test.
Expiry date ; 09.2019
Have Questions?Ask An Expert
Thanks you for supporting us. Presently all products sold on MyAquariumShops.com will be arranged and shipped out as soon as possible upon receiving confirmation of orders.
All shipping of products sold on MyAquariumshops.com will be shipped either the following method ;
1) Local shipment within Malaysia – West Malaysia
Next day delivery Door to Door courier with major courier company in Malaysia once notification of the parcel has been send. Customer will be provided with the information of the courier company together with a parcel tracking number via an email which they are registered with to enable them to track their parcel via their email and via SMS text message send to their registered phone no. However, due to some circumstances there might be chances that the courier company might take longer than usual to make their delivery. Customers will be advised of the contact info for them to contact the courier company to check on their delivery status.
The main courier company which we use is Airpak Express, however at time due to certain circumstances, we may use other courier company for example, poslaju, GDEX, ect to send your parcel.
2) Local shipment within Malaysia – East Malaysia / Singapore
Usually for East Malaysia ( Sabah , Sarawak ) and Singapore, the parcel will take longer about Two to Three day for it to arrived. However subject to clearance , it might take a day or two more before the parcel reach your doorstep. Customers is advise to check with the courier company with the tracking number provided for exact detail.
3) Small parcel – local shipment within Malaysia
For smaller items, in order to helps our customer save on the shipping charges, we offer local registered article postage by Airpak Express . A tracking number will also be provided to the customer to enable them to track their own parcel. Customer will receive both an email notification as well as a SMS notification on their registered phone on once their order has been shipped.
4) International Shipment – Worldwide
We can ship internationally worldwide, however as we are unable to provide shipping fees online for all of our products, please contact us under the contact us page with the items you are interested in for the shipping price quote .
If any of the country is not included in the checking out, please send us an email with the items that you are interested in buying , and we will check and advise you on the shipping accordingly.
5) Free Shipping promotion
For West Malaysia delivery, we offer free shipping for orders amount rm 500 & above and for East Malaysia and Singapore customers, Order amount RM 1000 & above. For Bulky or heavy items, for example ,salts, rocks, sands and chiller above 9kg, it will be using PosLaju Sea shipment for postage to East malaysia. For sea shipment, the estimate arrival time is about 30 day.
From time to time, we might offer “FREE SHIPPING” to some of our products. Free shipping means that we will take care of all the shipping / delivery charges of the products to your door step. Prices reflected on the website is the final price that you have to pay without any additional shipping charges. Please subscribe toour Newsletter and follow us on our social media platform for latest promotion.
6) Free Shipping
We provide FREE SHIPPING for the following ;
West Malaysia ( Purchase over $ 500.00 )
East Malaysia ( Purchases over $ 1000.00 )
** For Bulk / Heavy items to East Malaysia it will be shipped out via POS LAJU SEA Shipment **
Singapore ( Purchases over $ 1000 )
7) Customer Pick up.
At the present moment, we only can handle customer pick up at Johor Bahru area only. For Johor Bahru customers , Please contact us after your order with your order no to arrange for self collect. Please select “ Local shipment pickup “ during check out of your purchases.