Salifert Iodine / Iodate test kit
Salifert Iodine/ Iodate Profi-Test for Marine
- Iodine is present in natural sea water in a very low concentration (0.6 mg/L or 0.06 PPM) and this iodine occurs as several different species including iodide, iodate, molecular iodine and hypoiodite.
- There is a misconception among many hobbyists that iodide predominates in natural sea water but in fact, it is iodate which is the predominant element.
- Test kits which are not capable of detecting iodate are not suitable for aquarium use, since in a properly functioning tank most of the iodide will be transferred to iodate and any test kits not able to detect iodate will give a false, low iodine reading.
- Iodine test kits should be capable of measuring all forms of naturally occurring iodine. The Salifert Test Kit is the only one offering this feature, measuring all naturally occurring iodine compounds and giving a reading of total iodine concentration.
- Unlike many other test kits, the Salifert Iodine Profi-Test is free from interference from other elements found in saltwater, which means the results obtained are very accurate.
- Color remains stable for several hours.
- Scale goes from 0.01 - 0.15ppm and optimum level is 0.06 mg/L.
- Can provide up to 40 tests.
- For marine use only.
Note: Use of so-called time released iodine supplements or supplements containing organically bound/complexed iodine species will give false results.
The presence of strong reducing substances such as ascorbic acid will also give false value. Some supplements do not contain ascorbic acid. Dechlorinators are also strong reducing substances.
Date of Expiry ; 10- 2019
Have Questions?Ask An Expert
Thanks you for supporting us. Presently all products sold on MyAquariumShops.com will be arranged and shipped out as soon as possible upon receiving confirmation of orders.
All shipping of products sold on MyAquariumshops.com will be shipped either the following method ;
1) Local shipment within Malaysia – West Malaysia
Next day delivery Door to Door courier with major courier company in Malaysia once notification of the parcel has been send. Customer will be provided with the information of the courier company together with a parcel tracking number via an email which they are registered with to enable them to track their parcel via their email and via SMS text message send to their registered phone no. However, due to some circumstances there might be chances that the courier company might take longer than usual to make their delivery. Customers will be advised of the contact info for them to contact the courier company to check on their delivery status.
The main courier company which we use is Airpak Express, however at time due to certain circumstances, we may use other courier company for example, poslaju, GDEX, ect to send your parcel.
2) Local shipment within Malaysia – East Malaysia / Singapore
Usually for East Malaysia ( Sabah , Sarawak ) and Singapore, the parcel will take longer about Two to Three day for it to arrived. However subject to clearance , it might take a day or two more before the parcel reach your doorstep. Customers is advise to check with the courier company with the tracking number provided for exact detail.
3) Small parcel – local shipment within Malaysia
For smaller items, in order to helps our customer save on the shipping charges, we offer local registered article postage by Airpak Express . A tracking number will also be provided to the customer to enable them to track their own parcel. Customer will receive both an email notification as well as a SMS notification on their registered phone on once their order has been shipped.
4) International Shipment – Worldwide
We can ship internationally worldwide, however as we are unable to provide shipping fees online for all of our products, please contact us under the contact us page with the items you are interested in for the shipping price quote .
If any of the country is not included in the checking out, please send us an email with the items that you are interested in buying , and we will check and advise you on the shipping accordingly.
5) Free Shipping promotion
For West Malaysia delivery, we offer free shipping for orders amount rm 500 & above and for East Malaysia and Singapore customers, Order amount RM 1000 & above. For Bulky or heavy items, for example ,salts, rocks, sands and chiller above 9kg, it will be using PosLaju Sea shipment for postage to East malaysia. For sea shipment, the estimate arrival time is about 30 day.
From time to time, we might offer “FREE SHIPPING” to some of our products. Free shipping means that we will take care of all the shipping / delivery charges of the products to your door step. Prices reflected on the website is the final price that you have to pay without any additional shipping charges. Please subscribe toour Newsletter and follow us on our social media platform for latest promotion.
6) Free Shipping
We provide FREE SHIPPING for the following ;
West Malaysia ( Purchase over $ 500.00 )
East Malaysia ( Purchases over $ 1000.00 )
** For Bulk / Heavy items to East Malaysia it will be shipped out via POS LAJU SEA Shipment **
Singapore ( Purchases over $ 1000 )
7) Customer Pick up.
At the present moment, we only can handle customer pick up at Johor Bahru area only. For Johor Bahru customers , Please contact us after your order with your order no to arrange for self collect. Please select “ Local shipment pickup “ during check out of your purchases.