DI De-ionization Aquarium Mixed Bed Ion Exchange Resin - 0.5 L
DI De-ionization Aquarium Mixed Bed Ion Exchange Resin - 0.5L
DI Resin is necessary to reduce Total Dissolved Solids (TDS) to zero and is usually use as the last stage filtration of an RO/DI unit. It is not necessary to use the expensive proprietary DI cartridges that other RO manufacturers sell. Simply buy a refillable DI cartridge if you don't have one already and fill with DI resin. You'll save money and get the same results.
To get maximum life from your DI resin please takes the following steps
- Ensure optimal operation of your RO membrane. The higher your membranes rejection rate the fewer TDS your product water will contain resulting in longer lasting resin. The best way to keep the membrane rejection rate up is to monitor and change your prefilters appropriately as well as maintain at least 50psi going into the membrane.
- Ensure the resin is packed in the cartridge securely. The resin should be packed very tightly. When squeezed, there should be almost no flex to the cartridge.
- The initial couple minutes of water from your RO membrane will always be high, this is commonly referred to as TDS creep. Diverting the first few minutes of water down the drain can often greatly reduce DI resin consumption.
- Maintain low levels of carbon dioxide in your water supply. Excess carbon dioxide will deplete DI resin quickly. If you are depleting resin quickly and have already :addressed the two options above, excess carbon dioxide is the likely culprit. You have two choices:
- Collect the water coming from your RO system in a large container, add a powerhead or air stone and allow the CO2 to gas off. Then pump the water though your DI resin.
- Skip all that mess and just buy resin in bulk.
** The life span of the DI resin will very much depends on the TDS reading of the tape water source.
One pack of 0.5L DI resin is enough to fill up ;
1 x Refillable cartridges
2 x T33 clear refillable housing
Have Questions?Ask An Expert
Thanks you for supporting us. Presently all products sold on MyAquariumShops.com will be arranged and shipped out as soon as possible upon receiving confirmation of orders.
All shipping of products sold on MyAquariumshops.com will be shipped either the following method ;
1) Local shipment within Malaysia – West Malaysia
Next day delivery Door to Door courier with major courier company in Malaysia once notification of the parcel has been send. Customer will be provided with the information of the courier company together with a parcel tracking number via an email which they are registered with to enable them to track their parcel via their email and via SMS text message send to their registered phone no. However, due to some circumstances there might be chances that the courier company might take longer than usual to make their delivery. Customers will be advised of the contact info for them to contact the courier company to check on their delivery status.
The main courier company which we use is Airpak Express, however at time due to certain circumstances, we may use other courier company for example, poslaju, GDEX, ect to send your parcel.
2) Local shipment within Malaysia – East Malaysia / Singapore
Usually for East Malaysia ( Sabah , Sarawak ) and Singapore, the parcel will take longer about Two to Three day for it to arrived. However subject to clearance , it might take a day or two more before the parcel reach your doorstep. Customers is advise to check with the courier company with the tracking number provided for exact detail.
3) Small parcel – local shipment within Malaysia
For smaller items, in order to helps our customer save on the shipping charges, we offer local registered article postage by Airpak Express . A tracking number will also be provided to the customer to enable them to track their own parcel. Customer will receive both an email notification as well as a SMS notification on their registered phone on once their order has been shipped.
4) International Shipment – Worldwide
We can ship internationally worldwide, however as we are unable to provide shipping fees online for all of our products, please contact us under the contact us page with the items you are interested in for the shipping price quote .
If any of the country is not included in the checking out, please send us an email with the items that you are interested in buying , and we will check and advise you on the shipping accordingly.
5) Free Shipping promotion
For West Malaysia delivery, we offer free shipping for orders amount rm 500 & above and for East Malaysia and Singapore customers, Order amount RM 1000 & above. For Bulky or heavy items, for example ,salts, rocks, sands and chiller above 9kg, it will be using PosLaju Sea shipment for postage to East malaysia. For sea shipment, the estimate arrival time is about 30 day.
From time to time, we might offer “FREE SHIPPING” to some of our products. Free shipping means that we will take care of all the shipping / delivery charges of the products to your door step. Prices reflected on the website is the final price that you have to pay without any additional shipping charges. Please subscribe toour Newsletter and follow us on our social media platform for latest promotion.
6) Free Shipping
We provide FREE SHIPPING for the following ;
West Malaysia ( Purchase over $ 500.00 )
East Malaysia ( Purchases over $ 1000.00 )
** For Bulk / Heavy items to East Malaysia it will be shipped out via POS LAJU SEA Shipment **
Singapore ( Purchases over $ 1000 )
7) Customer Pick up.
At the present moment, we only can handle customer pick up at Johor Bahru area only. For Johor Bahru customers , Please contact us after your order with your order no to arrange for self collect. Please select “ Local shipment pickup “ during check out of your purchases.